Established in 1876, Pontypridd Rugby Football Club are a Rugby Union team from the beautiful market town and community of Pontypridd, Principal Town of the County Borough of Rhondda Cynon Taf, Wales.
The club and town name of Pontypridd originates from "Pont-y-tŷ-pridd" - the Welsh for "Bridge by the earthen house" - a reference to a succession of bridges that spanned the town's River Taff in the 1700s.
Pontypridd is pronounced "Pont-urh-preathe" (with the last syllable rhyming with "breathe") and is often abbreviated to "Ponty" ("Pont-ee") by supporters.
More on the Club's history: www.ponty.net/a-brief-history
Pontypridd RFC play in the Principality Premiership, SWALEC Cup and the British and Irish Cup competitions
Pontypridd also field Sevens teams at Invitational competitions, and are holders of the Abercynon Sevens 2008, 2009 and 2010 titles.
More on upcoming fixtures: www.ponty.net/fixtures-results
Home games are played at the 7,861 capacity Sardis Road stadium, Pontypridd.
Age-grade sections play at Taff Vale Park, Pontypridd and Pontypridd High School fields in nearby Cilfynydd.
More on Sardis Road: www.ponty.net/the-venue
Pontypridd RFC are owned and operated by Ponty Rugby Ltd.
More on the Board of Directors: www.ponty.net/company-directors
The club's Head Coach is former Pontypridd, Celtic Warriors and Wales scrum-half, and former Wales Sevens World Cup-winning Head Coach, Paul John.
More on the Team Management: www.ponty.net/team-management
Pontypridd RFC have a large and experienced squad of players.
Club captain for the 2014 - 2015 season is centre Dafydd Lockyer.
More on the current Squad: www.ponty.net/players
Pontypridd RFC have two main team colours - Black and White.
Kit is supplied by leading kit manufacturer, Rhino Rugby.
The home strip colours are predominantly Black.
The change strip colours are predominantly White.
The third strip colours are predominantly grey and pink.
More on the kit: www.ponty.net/check-out-the-brand-new-ponty-kit
The Club crest denotes Pontypridd's famous arched bridge, built by local architect William Edwards in 1756, and known locally as the "Old Bridge".
The chevrons are an interpretation of the ancient arms of Iestyn ap Gwrgant, the last ruler of the Kingdom of Morgannwg (Glamorgan).
The images below denote the original plan for the Old Bridge, the arms of Iestyn ap Gwrgant, and the Pontypridd club crest, providing an insight into the club crest's evolution:
More images of the Club crest: www.ponty.net/logos-branding
Pontypridd RFC's current main sponsor is Egan Waste Services.
Club kit is manufactured by Rhino.
Pontypridd RFC have won numerous titles and accolades. Some the most recent achievements include:
More on Pontypridd RFC's achievements: www.ponty.net/achievements
Pontypridd RFC are proud to have produced some of the most recognisable names in World Rugby history, a few of which have achieved incredible personal records during their Pontypridd careers.
More on Former Players: www.ponty.net/hall-of-fame
Pontypridd RFC are fortunate to lay claim to a fantastic and fanatical army of supporters, and frequently enjoy the highest attendances in the Principality Premiership.
More on Season Tickets: www.ponty.net/season-tickets-2014-2015-on-sale
Web by Infonia